Today we had a tutorial on how to do so some things in InDesign. I learned a lot of new things throughout the session.
This was creating a new document and using the ruler as guidelines as to where the text would be placed. You did this by dragging down from the ruler.
Next we filled in the text boxes with place holder text which is randomly generated. It's to help see what your page will look like before you put your actual text inside.
Then we added a Header and a Standfirst. A standfirst is the first piece of text you read, almost as if to break up from the main text of the article.
We then placed in an image. You can either just click and the image in it's full size will be imported or...
...you can click and drag to make it into the size you require.
You can also make the image go behind the text.
To make a dropcase was more difficult then I thought it would be. Although, it does give a nice appearance to the body of text.
We then learned how to type on a path by using the pen tool. It's sort of fiddly to use but it ends up looking really amazing.
It's also possible to write within a shape.
So overall I learned a lot of new things about InDesign I didn't know before hand. I will try to use some of these aspects when making my DPS and Contents Page.



















No comments:
Post a Comment