We did a group session were we looked at other peoples work in our class and give each other strengths, in order to gain feedback so we can improve our work if we wish. I got the following feedback:
1.What do you like about the cover and contents page?
- Consistent theme, interesting and eye catching masthead. Not too busy.
- Good image which matches the gradient of the cover/contents page.
- Simple and striking, colour-coordinated and consistent
- Clear house-style, good use of colour and font.
- Very professional looking and polished. There is a consistent house style and colour scheme.
2. Can you give me any suggestions?
- More cover lines on front cover.
- More detail on the cover.
- More cover lines and maybe a puff with buzz words, or a slogan?
- More on the cover
- its a bit dark
- Maybe boost the contrast on your photos? Although the colour scheme is quite dark, the photos have such low contrast that they aren't as eye-catching as they could be.
- More cover lines on the front
- Very minamalistic - add more detail
I agree with quite a lot of the feedback I received. However, it would appear that the magazine is coming across as House for the genre. I believe this is probably due to the colours and/or images I used. I agree that the cover lacks details and the cover lines look a bit ... childish. I need to change these and liven up the cover. A puff needs to be added and maybe play around with the contrast a little bit more.
I'm very tempted to use a different photo shoot. As this just doesn't really appear like a music magazine to me, however I doubt there is enough time do re-do everything now.
No comments:
Post a Comment